love a potato bake, or if you want to be fancy, Potato Gratin. Potato, cheese and onion – can’t go wrong with that combination. It’s a classic recipe, and I forget how simple it is. I should cook it more often.
Here’s the recipe:
3-4 medium potatoes
1 clove garlic, sliced (optional)
1 cup milk (or cream if you’re feeling decadent)
2 Tablespoons cheese (parmesan, cheddar, tasty etc)
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
2. Lightly grease
3. Thinly slice potatoes and onion. (Peel the potatoes first, if you prefer. I like to leave the skin on).
4. Place a layer of potato over the base of four 1-cup capacity ramekins or 1 medium casserole dish. Top with a little onion and sprinkle with a few slices of garlic.
5. Continue layering with the remaining potato and onion and garlic.
6. Pour milk over potatoes and top with cheese.
7. Bake for 45 minutes or until potato is cooked through and top is golden.
A simple side dish that goes with almost anything – steak, fish, chicken, lamb…
PS Apologies for the bad photo – starving husband and toddler rushed me!