Growing up, we always had sandwiches for lunch and now, I’m really not a fan. I’m always looking for different tasty options for lunch and these pizza scrolls really hit the spot. Gourmet Garden fresh herbs make it easy to add a bit more flavour – just simply spread it on with the tomato paste. I think I could eat these for lunch every day!
Bonus points: the kids love them too.
Check out the full recipe here:
500g (3 1/3 cups) plain flour
2 teaspoons (7g/1 sachet) dried yeast
1 teaspoons salt
375ml (1 1/2 cups) lukewarm water
Cooking oil spray for greasing
1 tablespoon Gourmet Garden Chunky Garlic
1 tablespoon Gourmet Garden Basil
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1/2 capsicum (bell pepper) chopped into small pieces
2 handfuls shredded ham
1. Place all bread ingredients into a stand mixer and, using a dough hook, mix on low speed for 5 minutes.
2. Spray a bowl with cooking oil. Place dough in bowl, put a tea towel over the top of the bowl and leave in a warm place for 30 minutes to 1 hour, until the dough has approximately doubled in size. In winter, I turn the light on in my oven and leave the dough in there.
3. Punch the dough to knock the air out of it. Place the dough on a floured surface squish it into a large rectangle, about 1.5cm (1/2 inch) thick. The rectangle will be about 40cm x 30cm (16 x 12 inch).
4. Place tomato paste and gourmet garden mixed herbs on the top of the dough and spread evenly with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle evenly with ham and capsicum (and any other toppings).
5. Carefully roll the dough up into a cylinder, slice into approximately 12 pieces. Place cut-side up on a lined baking tray. Leaving approximately 1cm between pieces.
6. Place a tea towel over the top and leave to rise for another 30 minutes. (Pre-heat oven to 200°C/400°F while you wait, but don’t do the rising in the oven this time!).
7. Place scrolls in pre-heated oven and cook for approximately 25 minutes, until scrolls are golden brown.
8. Serve hot or cold – yummy!
Note: I was supplied with free herbs by Gourmet Garden as part of the Blog off/Cook off Promotion. I receive no other compensation for this post.