I didn’t make it to the fabric store today (I took the kids to see Miffy at the local shopping centre instead), so I looked to my stash for inspiration.
A fat quarter of Sugar and Spice Textiles Disco Stripe jumped out at me as a great coordinating print for yesterday’s dress. I love a nappy/diaper cover with a dress, so I whipped up a pair of bloomers for Little Miss (using my own dodgy pattern):
I used a rolled hem and elastic thread on the legs and a standard elastic waist. They’re almost shorts and designed to be a bit puffy.
While I was at it, I used the dress scraps to make up a couple of hairclips:
I know it’s not Kids Clothes and Accessories Week Challenge, but well, there aren’t really any rules and I’ll do what I want!
The first one I stuffed with polyfill (well, I couldn’t find my polyfill so I cut up little bits of quilt batting). The second one I just sewing a layer of quilt batting into it. It’s not as puffy and I think two layers would have looked better. I did a tight zigzag (satin) stitch around the edge, and then hot-glued them onto some clips:
I like the way the tail sticks out with the clip!
No photos with my model yet again – tomorrow is the big day so I’ll just have to keep you in suspense! Now what am I going to sew tomorrow – hmmm, back to my stash!