My first “Cook” post is inspired by the “Over-used Recipe swap” over at Simply Modern Mom. I missed the actual week, but it’s the thought that counts!
My fallback recipe when I’m too lazy to cook or life has just got in the way is Pesto Pasta. I always have a jar of pesto sauce in the cupboard or fridge, and this gourmet meal can be whipped up well and truly in the time it takes to cook the pasta. It’s flexible to what I have in the fridge and yummy!
Ingredients: (I haven’t added quantities as it depends on my mood how much of each I add in!)
Pasta (I prefer penne or spirals)
Sun-dried tomatoes (also works with roasted capsicums/peppers)
Salami or Ham or Shredded BBQ Chicken
Parmesan cheese to serve (optional)
1. Cook pasta to packet directions.
2. While pasta is cooking, chop up sun-dried tomatoes and salami (or ham or chicken) into bite pieces.
3. Drain pasta, and return to pot.
4. Add pesto sauce – approximately 1 tablespoon per person.
5. Add sun-dried tomatoes and salami (or ham or chicken) and stir.
6. Put pot over low heat until heated through (a minute or two – sometimes I skip this step!).
7. Serve into pasta bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
So easy and so tasty. I’m cooking this for dinner tonight – so a photo will be added soon!