We’re on vacation this week, enjoying a relaxing break in Kingscliff, in Northern New South Wales. Whilst going on holidays is great, no one wants to come home to a mess. Here is my list of 5 tasks to do right before heading out the door so there are no nasty surprises:
- Clean fresh produce out of the fridge. If it’s going to be mouldy, shrivelled or just plain disgusting by the time you get back, get rid of it now! (Give it to a friend or neighbour to avoid it going to waste.)
- Clean out the coffee machine and grits container. We have an espresso machine, and the drip tray and coffee grinds container grow a whole universe of their own if left to their own devices. Not something I want to deal with after a long flight or drive home.
- Empty all the bins. I don’t want any house-sitter vermin showing up thanks to the call of an odourous bin (nor do I want to come home to a big pile of used nappies…)
- Put on the dishwasher. A few dirty dishes in there can stink up a whole house!
- Sweep up any stray crumbs. Wipe down kitchen benches and the dining table (and the high chair!). As with previous tips, don’t leave anything to attract unwanted house-siiters.
What are your last-minute cleaning tips before heading out on holiday? Let me know in the comments!
[Content in this feed is copyright to Cook Clean Craft and may not be republished without written permission.]