I love roast potatoes. Crispy on the outside, light and fluffy on the inside. I’m full to the point of exploding from a lovely roast dinner, but those words just make me want to eat more. I’ve tried many recipes for roast potatoes, but this is the one that always turns out a winner:
6-8 medium sized potatoes
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Peel potatoes and cut into pieces. Place in a large saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes, until just tender when pierced with a fork or skewer.
- Drain potatoes well. Shake saucepan vigorously to rough up surface of potatoes (this will make them crunchy when roasted).
- Add oil and shake the saucepan again to ensure potatoes are well covered in oil.
- Roast potatoes for 50-60 minutes until golden and crisp.
If I’m feeling a bit decadent and fancy, I’ll add a clove of crushed garlic and/or some dried herbs to the olive oil before adding it to the potatoes.