Friday Night Fun Nachos
Friday night is Fun Night at dinner time in our household. This means either homemade pizza or nachos. I love this recipe as it is colourful, filled with vegetables and tasty-tasty. It’s a hearty, filling, fun vegetarian meal.
1 onion, chopped
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tin kidney beans
1 tin tomatoes
1 tin corn kernels
1 red capsicum (pepper), chopped
1 green capsicum (pepper), chopped
1 teaspoon oregano
garlic – 1 clove or 1 teaspoon of powdered garlic
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
Plain corn chips
Grated cheese to taste (that means lots of me!)
Sour cream and/or guacamole to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
2. Heat oil in a large frypan over medium heat. Add onions and garlic clove (if using). Cook until onion starts to soften.
3. Add kidney beans, tomatoes, corn, capsicums (peppers), oregano, powdered garlic (if using), cumin and paprika. Simmer for 10 minutes.
4. In a large ovenproof dish or individual bowls, layer corn chips, kidney bean mix and grated cheese. I usually do two layers.
5. Cook in oven until cheese is melted and starts to go golden.
6. Serve with a blob of sour cream and/or guacamole.
What are your favourite fun meals? Let me know in the comments.