Everyone should have a good Banana Bread recipe. So tasty and a bit healthy (hey, it has fruit). I haven’t been able to make it for a while as my son loves bananas, so they all get eaten before they get mushy. Somehow, we ended up with three heading towards blackness, and finally I could get out my favourite Banana Bread recipe. Here it is:
3 large ripe bananas
2 1/2 cups (11oz) self-raising flour
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
a pinch of ground nutmeg
a pinch of salt
3/4 cup (5 3/4 oz) brown sugar
125g (4 1/2oz) unsalted butter, melted
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
1/4 cup (2 fl oz) milk
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C (315°F). Lightly grease and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
2. Peel and mash the bananas.
3. Combine the melted butter, eggs, vanilla, milk and mashed bananas in a bowl.
4. Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda, nutmeg and salt into a bowl (Note: sometimes I don’t bother sifting!). Stir in the brown sugar.
5. Fold the banana mixture into the dried ingredients. Pour into the pre-prepared tin.
6. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted in the centre of the bread. Leave in tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
Enjoy your banana bread warm, straight from the oven. For a decadent dessert, serve with a caramel sauce!
Excellent! I’ve been looking for a good banana bread recipe – the last I tried was fairly average so i’ll have to give this one a go. Just need one more banana…!
This bread looks great!
I love banana bread.
This looks good and your right – everyone should have a great banana bread recipe – and I’m banking this one is it. Thanks! Great share.
How funny! I just made banana bread the other day and was going to post about it 🙂 I agree, a good banana bread recipe is a must! And I generally find that if I have the banana’s, then everything else is in my cupboard.
That banana bread looks delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I am your newest follower from New Friend Friday. Hope you stop by my blog and decide to follow me. http://movingonfromthedrama.blogspot.com
It looks delicious. I found your blog today and read “about you”. Thought a crafty person like you would like this link. Show Us Your Projects
There’s nothing like a slice of good banana bread! Yours looks really yummy.
I just love banana bread! So yummy!
Thanks for linking up last week! I’m featuring you for this week’s Friday Favorites! Come by and grab my featured button if you’d like!
Comments are closed.